ksue

a blog about knitting and stuff

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Long weekend

I love the first day of a long weekend, especially a weekend without plans. I'm going to knit and do New Englandy fall things this weekend. I like to keep the expectations low, that way I can't disappoint.

So, I've been working on Nimbus, a design featured in Magknits. I'm using Rowan Polar, which is the softest and most pleasant yarn to work with. It's a bummer it's discontinued. I bought a 10-pack on Ebay for really cheap, though, so I can't complain about the discounted prices. Here's an up close and snuggly picture... Don't you just want to lay in it?


Also in the picture you'll see Rowan Big Wool Tuft. I've never even seen needles as large as the ones you need to knit this stuff. Knitting four rows of garter stitch is a challenge, I can't imagine knitting an entire sweater.

Here's a picture of the back (with Zoe getting ready for attack - no rhyme intended), all finished....


I think this is my first piece that I'm not sure if I'll like it when it's done. I think it will be a cozy winter sweater, but not sure if I can pull it off. It's a fun knit so far, so I'll keep going anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home